Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Little Update...

Sorry for the delay in posting. I could tell you it's because of this or that, but really, it's just plain old laziness and/or not having the drive to write. I just haven't felt like it.
So, what's happening in my world? Not a whole lot of anything different than the usual. Work. Play. Gully. The usual.

Last weekend I went on a Girltime Getaway with my mom, Lucas's mom and his sister. It was pretty fun. We had a great time!! Here's a couple pictures:




Woods outside a treehouse bed & breakfast. Such a pretty spot!



My fancy pedicure...I told her to do what she wanted.
Cheryl, Allie, me and Mom.


The moms. Aren't they cute?

This week I went to a couple doctor's appointments. I just decided I need to do something about my acne-ified skin which makes me look like a 15-year-old and my allergies. I'm SICK to death of waking up to a runny/stuffy/alltogether snotty nose and dealing with it all dang day. Enough is enough. If what they gave me does not work, I think I'm going to have to fork over the money to go to an allergist. I have a lot of years left and if they're going to be fun and happy ones I'd like to know what's making me sick.

This coming weekend I'm going to Bayfield, Wisconsin to their Apple Festival. I'm pretty excited it should be fun! I'm going with all the women in Luke's immediate family: his mom, sister, aunt, two cousins and his cousin's wife. I felt pretty important to be invited along on their annual trip. I'm a little nervous about it but I'm sure it'll be fine. The thing I'm nervous about is the fact that they're all so close but they normally do a pretty good job of not making me feel like an outsider.

Because of going on this little trip, I'm taking Friday off AND (this is the best part) I get to sleep in! They're planning to pick me up around 10 so I'll be able to sleep at least until 8...pretty pumped about that.

Lucas is supposedly going to be done working in North Dakota as of next Thursday so I guess we'll see if that actually happens this time. You know, since we got the exact same story two freaking months ago but whatever. It'll be SO nice to have him around more.

I guess that's all I've got today...expect some interesting pictures and stories next week!

8 comments:

Kat said...

What cute pictures! This weekend will be a blast!

Susan said...

Looks like you had fun! Wish we had something like that around here!

Have fun at the Apple Festival. I always feel weird when I know I'm going to be hanging out with J's family but it's never weird once I get there.

Baylee and Blair's page said...

Looks like you had fun! Was that in MN? How pretty! I cannot wait to take our trip up there next June!

Big Hugs - Tiff

Baylee and Blair's page said...

Looks like you had fun! Was that in MN? How pretty! I cannot wait to take our trip up there next June!

Big Hugs - Tiff

Betsy said...

Wow...all of a sudden you are like married :)

Bayfield is awesome. It's so relaxed and pretty. Hope the weather is good. My new boy did a swim this summer from Bayfield to Madeline Island...2 miles in lake superior....BRRRR

Beth said...

Love the toes!

Baylee and Blair's page said...

Girl... UPDATE US! :)

Lulu said...

Update Fail