Thursday, February 3, 2011

Commuting is Making me Angry

I have never been an angry person. I've always kind of been the go with the flow wallflower type.

Now? I get into road rage fights with teenagers. Seriously? Did that really happen last night? Yes, yes it did. He was driving like an idiot so I figured I needed to "gesture" to him to that effect.

Now, I live in a very rural area by any of your standards I'm sure. The "city" I drive an hour to work in is approximately 15,000 people. The road is mostly wide open, with the exception of the first 8 miles or so. Those eight miles make me angry. Heck, the next 50 miles make me angry. WHY can't people drive the speed limit? WHY drive in the fast lane when you're driving 60 (in a 65)??? WHY are people just plain stupid? I don't get it. Don't get it at all.

I don't enjoy this newfound hostility I have. Not even a little bit. I'm tired, I'm worn down, and this driving has become so routine and automatic that if there's someone in the way of that I just get mad.

Having to do all this driving on a daily basis (that's two hours a day) is really putting a cramp in my weekend life, too. Next week it's my birthday. I'd love to go to another town shopping and get pedicures or something with my mom but I JUST DON'T WANT TO DRIVE THERE. I have no energy for it. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Is it safe to meditate while driving? Because I think that's what I need to do.

No comments: