Hello again.
My weekend was fine. The going away party was pretty good. The girl that's moving got wasted so that was somewhat entertaining. We ended up at a "club" type place (how "clubby" can you get in northern MN?) and it was really strange. At one point I was dancing and I looked around the dancefloor and every single other person out there was grinding on each other. That's when I really really realized that I did NOT fit in there. Whatsoever. Then I started laughing at myself.
Saturday's baby shower was good--she got lots of cute things. She also had an ultrasound done on Friday and they're pretty sure it's a boy. So I'm kinda excited about that. I'm sad that now I won't see her until January after she has the baby. That is unless I get a wild hair up my ass to fly out to Phoenix which probably won't happen since I'm poor.
Saturday night Mom and I went to dinner and then went to my dad's 40th class reunion for awhile. We visited around some and it was an okay time. They had this booklet done up that was really nice. They had a pretty small class--27 people and 19 of them were there. Only two people have died in their class, my dad and another guy who just died last spring. That's pretty darn good for 40 years and none of them were in accidents or anything like that. After we left there we headed to Shorty's of course. I was super tired so I drank drinks and confused Jeffrey the bartender! I never drink drinks because I don't really like pop--it's too sweet.
Sunday I slept in until after 10. I knew I would because I was so tired! After that Mom and I started planning our trip to the Cities over Thanksgiving. I think it'll be fun. We're just going to leave on Friday during the day and make our way down there. We're hoping to get to a Viking's game on Sunday but haven't heard back from our ticket guy yet. I saw online that Wicked is playing at the Orpheum Theatre when we're there, but online it looked like tickets were sold out. I told Mom she should call and see what the deal with that is. That would be really fun to see. We're planning to stay downtown Minneapolis, so there are lots of option for fun things to do at night anyway. I'm kind of excited.
I also made it to our town's Centennial Meeting on Sunday night. I'm going to be on the music committee. That's a good one for me.
Today I'm starting a new diet--it's called the Flat Belly Diet, so I'm hoping it works! :)
6 comments:
Hey girl... sounds like you had a great weekend! It's FREEZING here. I woke up this morning to 32 degrees. UGH! I hope everything else is going well!
Big Hugs - Tiffany
What exactly is a drink drink?
A mixed drink rather than a beer! ;) Smart ass.
Haha I was laughing at the "drink drink" too!!! At first I was like what, then I figured it out ;)
Sounds like you have a lot going on as usual, I can't keep up!! Too funny about the "club"!! Sometimes it's funny to go to the places I go and not be drunk and laugh at the people on the dance floor, but then be like, oh wait, that's usually me out there looking dumb!!
If you like drink drinks but not sweet try something with club soda or tonic...which I still think is sweet but not as sweet as coke. I like a berry flavored vodka like Skky Berry Or Raspberry Stoli & Club Soda with a lime. Yum.
And yes...Wicked has been sold out for like FOREVER. I had tickets in my cart at oen time and didn't complete the transaction and by the time I got back around to it they were gone. And that was in like August! But maybe you can find them through a broker. Or try Craigslist. It might be a long shot given there are only a couple dates you'll be in town but you'll never know!
How can you not like soda? What's wrong with you? :)
So the music committee? Are you going to sing?
Post a Comment