Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday

Yes, I know it's crazy that I'm actually posting every day, huh?

Well, I've lost two pounds since Monday, so I think I'm doing okay. However, my mom, who doesn't really need to lose much has lost like six. I think I hate her now.

I went to Elizabeth & Brian's last night. It was fun to visit with them, it had been awhile. They're so fun. I was there for like 4 hours...time goes by quick with them! Before I knew it it was 10:00 and I should have been home in bed by then. Oh well it was worth it to have a little visiting time.

My entryway is finally getting some work done on it today!!! Everyone celebrate! It's been standing half torn down since July and now, finally, they're tearing the rest of it off and starting new! It's about time. I'm excited to get that extra room back. It's surprising how much difference that one small room makes. When you live in a trailer, you don't have a lot of storage space, so now for the last few months I've had paint cans and crap like that in my kitchen because I don't have anywhere else to put them.

Mom has her biopsy tomorrow and we have to be there at 7:15 A.M. Seriously??? That's crazy. It's going to be a long dang day, I know that for sure. I wish I could just go home afterwards, but NOPE, I must work. Unless she's feeling really really bad, then I'll just go home with her.

If I don't post tomorrow, have a great weekend and Happy Halloween!

8 comments:

Katy said...

Man, I hate those long hospital days!! Seven is really freakin' early. I don't know about you, but I don't live anywhere near the hospital, so I have to get up REALLY early to be there.

My mom lives off of bread, coke, and candy bars, and probably weighs 115 or less. Sucks.

Lulu said...

A biopsy on Halloween? That doesn't seem quite right! Hope all goes well!

Betsy said...

ok...so the 2 lbs you lost & the 6 your mom lost are more than likely water weight. Salt makes us retain water. Since you can't have salt your body is probably just retaining water so I wouldn't worry too much about your mom losing more. any time you lose or gain more than 1-2 lbs in a day or so its water weight. I always retain water right berore that time of the month and then am so happy when I lose 3 lbs and no longer feel bloated almost over night!

Betsy said...

of course you can have your 2 lbs...just tell your mom the 6 she lost musta been water :)

Kat said...

I'm so celebrating your new entry way!

tracy said...

hey 2 lbs is great in three days!! i agree with bjb though, i'm sure the no-salt thing has a lot to do with it.

yay for the entryway!!

and hope you survived the early morning hospital trip!

Jaysey said...

Yay! I'm in! Hope you're having a good weekend.

Baylee and Blair's page said...

Hey girl... I'm lost... what kind of biopsy is your Mom having? I guess I missed that she was going to have another procedure after they said she was cancer free! I will be praying for her that everything came out okay!

Hugs - Tiffany