Friday, May 8, 2009

For the Mothers...



This weekend is Mother's Day and I just have to wish all my Internet friends who are moms a WONDERFUL DAY!! I hope your families do whatever they can to make your day great, and if they don't, know that I'm thinking of you all.


Secondly, I have to do a little tribute to my mom...she's the most important person in my life by FAR and I love her more than anything. I do my best to let her know that all the time, but I like that I have this special day to really show it.


I've bought her presents and Sunday I plan to cook her a wonderful grilled feast just as she ordered up.

Yesterday I was in Hallmark looking at cards and seriously had to hold back tears. How crazy is that!?!? I was overwhelmed with emotions looking at mother's day cards! But seriously, I could have bought 100 of those lovely cards and it still wouldn't have gotten close to telling her how much she means to me.



And, please, don't even get me started on how much I love my grandma. She's my babysitter, my friend, someone I could tell anything to and she'd love me anyway. My grandma is one of the best people I know and at 84 years, she can still close down the bar at 2 a.m. after dancing all night!



I love her to death, and even though she drives me insane half the time, I'm still going to be SERIOUSLY lost when she's not around anymore. Seriously.



Gotta love moms!! Have a fantastic Mother's Day everyone!!!

P.S. Can someone explain to me why my pictures are so small, even though I have the same settings all the time??? I don't get it!

6 comments:

Kat said...

I can't explain the picture thing - but what a sweet and loving post for your favorite two people! Can I be you third favorite mother, oh I wish you were my daughter...

Gully Girl said...

Well, Kat, you ARE my Internet Mom after all! :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Awe- how sweet are you! You are SUCH a good daughter. I hope G is HALF as sweet when she's all grown up.

Anonymous said...

I hope that my daughter has the same feelings for me when she gets to be your age.

You are a dream daughter.

Susan said...

That was very sweet of you. You are lucky to have those two awesome ladies in your life! Have a great Mother's Day with your mom.

Baylee and Blair's page said...

That was so sweet of you!

Yes, it's been crazy busy around here. Trying to get this garage sale together. We are asking for donations for it as well. We are also putting together a chili supper to help get some of these medical bills paid for. Plus, to help with travel expense to Boston. We are so lucky to have such awesome support from our church and friends. I don't know how I would do it without them!

Hugs - Tiff