Not much going around these parts. I've been feeling like a bit of a homebody the last couple weeks and haven't really seen anyone during the week.
Apparently I have poison ivy on my arm and have no clue where it came from. It's itchy and it has now transformed int crazy blisters...pretty freaking gross. I went to the doc on Friday and got some cream (which didn't help) and then again yesterday and got some sterroid pills and I'm really crossing my fingers that they clear it up. It's gotten to be painfull and I'm ready to not look like a diseased person. I considered putting up a picture of it, but thought I'd spare those of you with weak stomachs. It's looking pretty nasty today. There are also smaller spots all over my stomach/side and down my leg. Oh, and let's not forget on my other arm and ON MY FREAKING FACE. Fun, fun times. AND I have no clue where it came from! Last week I did nothing but go to work and come home. I walked at lunch every day and it was pretty windy last week, so that could have been it OR the only other option was that I weeded my flower bed that is in the middle of my yard on Monday. The first spot didn't show up until Thursday. So...who the hell knows where or how, but it sucks anyway. I DO NOT recommend it.
So other than considering amputating my arm, I haven't done much of anything. The weekend was fun, there was a birthday party for some friends in Gully so that was a good time. Check out the pictures on facebook and if you're not on facebook let me know and I'll share some here. Just feeling lazy at the moment and don't feel like messing with it.
Last weekend also marked one year since Mom's diagnosis, so that was good. She has an appointment on Tuesday and I'll let you all know how that goes. Kinda nerve racking, that's for sure.
I'm looking forward to the long weekend, especially because we're finally getting some nice weather. It'll be nice to be able to be outside some.
Things are still going okay with Lucas. We're taking things slow and I'm totally fine with that. I like him. He's sweet. He's funny. He makes me laugh. I guess that's all just fine with me right now.
Oh yeah, and some of the side effects of the prednisone I'm on include: not being able to sleep, increased appetite and increased sweating. Pretty sure those items are NOT needed 'round here. I already can't sleep because every time I put my arm down it hurts because of the blisters (it's on the inside of my wrist...pretty sensative skin); I already eat more than anyone I know. Seriously.; AND I already sweat more than anyone I know. Pretty sure I don't need to sweat MORE or I'm going to end up dehydrated. So, it could be an interesting few days....
Well, all, hope you have wonderful Memorial Day weekends! Enjoy!! :)
3 comments:
I hope you get to feeling better. J gets poison ivy if he just thinks about it!
I hope mom's appointment goes well and she is free and clear of the ugly C word!
Poison Ivy is a bitch.... Once you've got it as bad as you do, you become super sensative to it for the rest of your life. I'm very sorry that you are going through this.
I missed DAYS of school when i got poison ivy and I'm guessing that you've got sensative skin like I do.
Charlie had to take Prednisone once and it made him fat, fat, fat and also made his eczema terrible. Steroids do nutso things to people
Post a Comment