Wednesday, August 4, 2010

BUSY.

There's been so much going on I don't even know where to start!

I'm still super excited about the dress. I haven't been home in a couple weeks and I don't think I'll be there until the 21st and I'm a little sad I haven't seen it in so long. Yes, I'm a freak.

During the week I've been helping Julie with her new old house which has needed a LOT of love. I think she's going to like it a lot when she gets in there, though. Tonight we're going to attempt to lay carpet and tomorrow we're going to attempt to finish painting. Progress, people, progress!

Last weekend mom and I visited my uncle and his family in southern MN. He was the grand marshal of their Corn Capital Days. It was a good weekend filled with family and I can't remember the last time we've had that with our family.

I saw my new neice, Hannah being honored by Miss Minnesota on Monday for her volunteer work at the nursing home in her town. I'm so proud of that little girl who at age 11 has done more for others than most people do in their lifetime. She's just a wonderful kid.

This weekend I'm driving to Minot, ND to see Lucas. I'm taking my grandma with me and dropping her off in her home town to spend some time with her brother and my grandpa's sisters. I can't wait to see Luke, it's been allllmost a month and it's starting to get to me. I go through phases when he's gone like this for extended periods of time...first I cry a lot and miss him a lot. Then I'm okay. Then I get mad that he's gone. Then I'm okay. Then I cry a lot AND am mad. Right now I'm in the "your job sucks because it forces you to miss everything in life" phase and it's kinda pissing me off. I'll get over it, though. I just want to fast forward a year and have us be married and have him in a new job but I know that's not possible and it just sucks. Okay...that's enough of that!

I've taken a break from my trainer for the last month and am starting up with her on Wednesday again. I'm really looking forward to getting back on track and I know now that I cannot function to my full potential without her!

Well....I guess that's it for the most part.

2 comments:

Lulu said...

Isn't this summer just flying by? We're all so busy that we don't have much time for our blogs!!

Glad to hear you are doing well, and that you get to go visit Lucas!

Katy said...

I love helping people with their houses--I am such a dork like that. I'm not saying I know a lot, but if you ask me, I'm all over it.