I have to say how much I love the CMAs last night. The only person I hoped would perform that didn't was Ashton Shepherd. She's my absolute favorite right now!
Anyway, Brad Paisley is the cutest man ever and I love how he went and kissed his wife's belly when he won his award. It was just great. I may have gotten choked up over that. And when that army wife talked about her husband and how music helps them get through stuff. Then Carrie Underwood sang that song "This is Just a Dream" or whatever it's called. Yup, I think I might have bawled through that one.
When I got home last night I had carpenters working on my entry. There is actually a base now! There was actual nail pounding happening! We're making progress here, people. This is very very good.
Tomorrow night is probably the biggest event of the year at my hometown bar. It is the annual Hunter's Dance. It's a pretty big deal. The bar is always packed and there is always tons of fun to be had. The Sportsman's Club gives away a few guns and a bow and there are door prizes throughout the night. I'm doing a meat raffle early so that will start out the festivities.
Today I'm having lunch with my mom, grandma, aunt and cousin. Mom has to get her chemo port flushed and my aunt is bringing her because she had an appointment in town today, too. I'm kind of excited to see them. Yes, I know I'm the biggest nerd ever, since I saw my mom and granny over the weekend, but whatev.
6 comments:
I haven't watched the CMAs in years I think. Vern and I wanted a dumb movie last night and went to bed fairly early.
Ya I thought the CMA's were really good this year. Not a big Carrie fan but oh well!
Hope you have fun at the big thing at the bar tonight, sounds fun!!
Sweetie, we've all known you were a nerd, but we love you anyway.
I hope you win yourself some "meat" tonight. *snort snort*..yes, I'm 12 years old.
I too thought the CMA awards were good too. Hope your hunting celebration went well. Nothing nerdie about loving your Mom and Grandma. You are a good daughter and grand daughter. Love Ya, Pat
Hey girlie! I'm glad you are doing well.... I can't wait to hear how the dance went!
Hugs - Tiff
Missing the CMA's is one of those things that makes me wish i had cable. I've never heard of your current favorite person, so I'm going to have to go investigate that on itunes in a bit.
A hunter's dance is so strange to me. I mean, it makes sense, but guns as door prizes? Gives me the willies.
Post a Comment