This weekend was an interesting experience to say the least.
Dana, Teagen and I went to the cities to celebrate a friend's birthday. It was her birthday, as well as her son's so that's why we brought Teagen with.
Anyway, we got there late-ish on Friday night and just kind of hung out for a couple hours and then went to bed. Saturday morning I woke up at like 7:00 and figured I might as well just get up and shower so I did that, got ready and joined the girls in the living room. We had breakfast, they dealt with kids, everyone else got ready and then we went to the Mall of America. First, let me just say that I will never ever EVER go there on a weekend again. At least not of my own free will. It was ridiculously busy. I couldn't really even concentrate on looking at anything because there were so many people around everywhere. In Old Navy I found a sweater I liked, walked up to the checkout area and saw that the line was probably 20 people long. Uh, no thanks. So I put it back and left. We did that for awhile, then ate at the food court. Which was packed. I sat by myself because they were in the middle of a table with people all around them and there was No. Way. I would fit there to try eat anything. Then we shopped some more. Then we went to Lego Land and then to the amusement park part. That was kinda boring because the lines took like 20 minutes each ride and I don't do rides. So basically I just sat there by myself the whole time. Or watched their children while they went on rides.
We went out Saturday night. That was also an interesting experience. Let's just say Dana and I were pretty out of our element. It was slightly scary. I got yelled at by a chick for "budging" but when the bartender looks at me, I'm ordering. Especially because it took like 10 minutes to get a drink anyway. I also go hit on which was kinda funny. I basically just laughed at the guy.
Sunday the drive back was long. I was tired. I slept well last night!
I guess that's about it. I'm wiped out and don't really want to see any children for awhile now. Or crowds in general.
3 comments:
Ha ha ha! I'm not laughing at you....just the way you talk about the kids! LOL I feel that way rather often!
I hate MOA! My mom wanted to go shopping this weekennd and she mentioned MOA and my response was hell no! We went to Southdale. It was dead.
You totally did not budge @ the bar...if you get the bar tenders eye you order! Everyone for themselves...that girl was just being a b!
That's funny! Yeah, it's an experience for sure taking kids someplace like that! :) Yeah, don't worry about the girl that said something.. that's ridiculous. If they give you the look you order and it's not your fault if she was first!
Hugs - Tiff
Post a Comment