This was the most productive weekend I've had in ages.
Let's see, what did I do??
Friday night I went shopping and got a wireless router, all my painting supplies and a new flapper for my toilet. When I got home, I installed the router, installed the flapper, got my painting stuff set out, and also hooked up my new DVD player I got for Christmas. I got it from mom and it was meant to go in my bedroom, but apparently was too "advanced" to go with my TV in there. My TV didn't have the red, white and yellow plug in deals and the DVD player didn't have a coaxial cable spot. SO I had to switch my old DVD player to my bedroom and put the new one in my living room. It kinda looks funny, because it's so slim and the spot that I have to put it in is pretty big, but I guess I just need to put something on top of it or something...not quite sure what I'm going to do there yet.
Saturday I slept in until 9 (well I woke up at 7:30 and just said no to getting up then) and got my stuff ready for painting. Taped the ceiling so I could leave that white and got to work! It took pretty much all day with an hour break so that was not too bad. Actually it took from 10 until 4 or so. It went okay, though. I'm still not quite sure how I feel about the color, but I think once the white trim is put up I'll like it a lot more. Right now it just looks a little "woodsy" and I think that'll get better with the white trim.
Sunday I got up and could barely move. So much for using the elliptical!! Apparently climing up and down a step stool all day and painting uses muscles that are not used to being used. I walked funny all day and was kinda thankful that no one was there to laugh at me. I also did three loads of laundry, changed my sheets, put up a new shower curtain in my tub and let me tell you, holy SHITE was the old one nasty. Didn't realize that until it was down and the new one was up. Gross. In addition to that, I picked up and threw a bunch of junk and put away a bunch of junk, re-organized my pantry and got a ton of garbage ready to go. Most of that stuff was junk mail and crap like that that I keep separate so my normal garbage doesn't fill up so fast.
Now I just can't wait for the carpenters to come and finish up so I can put away all my shoes and jackets and paint cans and junk like that. VERY excited to have a house that is presentable again. It will happen someday.
Tonight I have a Tastefully Simple meeting and it's near my mom's so I'm going to just go there after to spend the night. It'll be good to see her since I probably won't be going there next weekend either since I think I'm going to Minneapolis with Dana.
Oh, and we've finally got some warmer temps and guess what's forecasted for today???? Oh, freezing drizzle of course! So if it's icy tonight I won't be going up north. Crossing my fingers that that doesn't happen.
4 comments:
Yay for productivity!!
Wow, a little nesting going on up in the tundra! Can't wait to see the finished room!
I've totally been digging these temperatures in the positive!!! I can handle 20 degrees any day....it's almost like summer. Ha ha ha!
Wow... you did get a lot done didn't you? That is awesome! I can't wait to see the pics of the finished product!!!
Hugs -Tiff
Post a Comment