Friday, May 14, 2010

It's a New Day.

I'm better today. MUCH better. Still missing Luke, as I always will, but I'm managing it better currently.

Also, just so everyone can sleep a little bit better about the whole marriage thing, he is semi-actively looking on getting on with another company which works close and with whom he'd most likely be able to be home every weekend. I say SEMI-actively because exactly how active can you be when you're two states away? He was working on it when he left and one can only hope that at least by next season he'll be able to get on somewhere else.

Oh, one thing that helped my morning out?? Today my scale said 143.5 which is amazingly exciting because it's been stuck at 144.8 for what seems like WEEKS now.

The weekend I thought was going to be low-key is now basically packed. Tonight is date night with Dana. I still haven't taken her out for her birthday and now, here we are three weeks later and I figure it's about damn time.

Tomorrow it's a MUST that I mow my lawn...it's out of control and with all the rain we've been getting it's going to be even MORE out of control in a hurry. In the evening I have a birthday party for one of Luke's little cousins, Oliver. He's two. Should be a good time...they're grilling out and just hanging out at the house.

Sunday was a planned relaxing day, but Dana threw a wrench into that plan. Her little sister is on a special volleyball league and they have tournaments on Sunday in Fargo. Her mom can't go now and lil sis needs a ride, so Dana and I are going to take her. Should be a fun day, even though we're going to need to be on the road by at LEAST 6 a.m. Which, on a weekend, is NOT cool in my book.

1 comment:

Lulu said...

How was Fargo?

My weekend was very busy, but I somehow managed a 2 hour nap on Sunday. Talk about heaven!