
Currently I only have the above cell phone picture,which I could not crop on this computer, but stay tuned....more pictures are to follow. Sometime this week. Hopefully.
So, the story....I'm sure the story is what you're all after!
We were at a park in Duluth, MN called Enger Park. There's this great tower there that overlooks the entire city (which would have been perfect if it had not been so INCREDIBLY windy that day). We climbed the tower, looked around, came down and decided to walk on some trails in the park for a little bit. As we were walking back, he says, "By the way, I have something to ask you. Will you be my wife?" and then takes out the ring and opens up the box. I said, "Yes, of course I will!" and grabbed the ring and put it on my finger. Haha. (In hindsight, it probably would have been better to wait for HIM to do that, but I was excited!!!!)
So, that's my engagement story. He asked my mom ahead of time, which I LOVE. She told him that she approves and my dad would have too. That makes me tear up every time I think about it. She's SO happy. I talked to his parents on the phone on Saturday evening and his dad said, "I picked you for him. I told him years ago to get after that little Brovold girl. It just took him some time to get his head out of his ass." Then he said how much he loves us and got choked up. He's an emotional guy. I love that. I had the sweetest message from them on my facebook status change (which by the way, the have been coming in hot):
"We are so blessed to have you become our daughter. You and Lucas make such a cute couple. We can't wait to hear all of your plans. And don't hesitate to ask for help. Mom and Dad Bjerklie"
That makes me tear up a little, too!
So, basically, we're all happy and life is good! At least for a week when Lucas leaves...
5 comments:
Well Congrats! How Exciting!
Congratulations Sarah! Your ring is sooo pretty and the proposal sounds like it was romantic. I love the outdoors so an outdoors proposal in the woods would be awesome! I'm so happy for you!
Awww...very sweet. I love that you grabbed the ring and put it on. Glad you are so happy and that you are marrying into such a great family that loves you and treats you like a daughter. Congrats!!!!! Sooooo Happy for you!
Congrats my friend! Very happy for you!
HOoray for the story--I suspected he might ask on your little trip and I'm glad that he did. The ring is just beautiful!
Post a Comment