Thursday, January 21, 2010

Better.

I'm better today.

I'm pretty much packed. Not thrilled with anything that's in the ol' suitcase, but that's life. I have clothes for during the day, clothes for going out at night. One pair of black pants and heels that I figure I can pair with up to three different shirts for going out to a nicer place if necessary. I think I'm set...I just hope that they're really weather appropriate, but it's so hard to remember what 55 degrees feels like right now! Here's the forecast:

We come back Tuesday and of COURSE it's like 60 every day from Wednesday on, but whatever. I'm just hoping that the rain dissipates by the time we get there tomorrow afternoon and all is well on that front. Sunny and 50-something is very nice. :)

I'm VERY excited to watch the Viking's playoff game against the Saints on Sunday. It's a little scary, but the Vikes kicked ass last week (at least as far as I saw...I fell asleep at halftime. Oops.) so I'm hoping they can keep it up! Whatever the outcome, I think both teams deserve to win. You can't get much more exciting that the two top seaded teams, right? I'm also thinking a bet might be in order since we'll be in the gambling capital of the world after all!

On to my weight loss battle.....yesterday I did what I could again. Ate well, exercised. Today when I weighed, I was 140 and it flickered down to 139 and I almost cried. And to answer the question....I weight every day just so I don't forget to do it. It's another one of those habit things. If I don't do it every day, when it comes to the day I actually SHOULD be doing it, then I forget until I'm out of the shower and then it's just not as accurate since I normally weigh before I get in the shower, after I go to the bathroom.

I was SUPER impressed with myself this morning because I got up and did my Bob's Bootcamp DVD. It's a good one. Easy enough that I can actually get through it but hard enough that I can feel it. I got up after only hitting the snooze button ONCE! Can you believe it??? Nope? Well, I couldn't either. It was great. I figured that I wouldn't be hitting the gym tonight since Luke will be here and I have a hair/eyebrow wax/pedicure appointment after work. So yay me for planning ahead. If I if we'd have a DVD player in our hotel room I'm almost tempted to bring it with. :)

On to the food....

Breakfast:

Egg McMuffin, medium coffee black

Lunch:

Julie and I are going out...the plan is this place that has veggie pizza and good soup. I'm going to veggie pizza and a broth-based soup.

Dinner:

Not sure yet...I think Luke's coming so we'll probably go out somewhere. I'm gonna do my best and this will be good practice for the rest of the weekend.

Okay, all, I'm off until Wednesday. We get back late Tuesday night (like 11:00...I'm gonna be one BIG ball of sunshine come Wednesday, I'm sure!) so I'll be back in the office on Wednesday.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I told you it was working :) Don't stress about the daily fluctuations. I'm a daily weigher too. Love that you saw 139 flicker...Getting to the 130's will be big motivation to keep going and you're almost there!

My mom and her sisters are leaving for a cruise on Sunday. They will be watching the Vikings game on a GIANT TV pool side while drinking beachy cocktails. Do they suck or what?!?

Lulu said...

I'm glad you are feeling better!!

Have a great time!!!

Betsy said...

Um...I thought you were back!?!?