Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday

Yesterday was good....pretty long as my boss wasn't here, but good.

Okay, a little recap, first. At lunch I didn't eat my green beans, didn't need them. Second, I made a good supper of brown rice, spinach salad and orange roughy. I was proud of myself. Third, I went to the gym and did the 30-minute circuit, then did 4.5 miles on the bike in 30 minutes. Felt great! AND I was SUPER close to Betsy's 40-30-30 food goal: I had 27% protein, 33% fat, 40% carbs and I wasn't even trying, so I'm pretty proud of that right now. Wonder how close I can get again?

After eating supper I really didn't feel like doing anything, but with having company coming for my little wii party on Friday I didn't really have a choice. Last night was the kitchen's turn for an overhaul. It looks great! Floor is swept, some clutter removed, all the extra food that I've left out over time has been removed. Tonight's project? The living room. THIS will be a HUGE project. It's bad. Really bad. Not to mention that all the stuff from my bedroom and kitchen that didn't have homes or needed to go somewhere else has been pushed into the living room. This one might take a couple nights. SO, living room/entry tonight and tomorrow night and the rest of it Thursday night, which includes two spare bedrooms and a bathroom. Shouldn't be too bad. Then, I think Friday before people come, I'm going to vacuum the whole house at once and be done with it.

Now, today's food:

Breakfast:
1/2 ww english muffin
1 egg
1/2 c. spinach
1 slice 2% American cheese

Lunch:
Lean Cuisine
Green beans
1 slice fat free swiss cheese (I'm out of string cheese! It's tough, I tell ya!)
Canned peaches

Snack:
This may be a problem as I forgot a Luna bar today and don't have many almonds left. I feel an issue coming on.

Supper:
I took out a chicken breast. I have some leftover rice from yesterday and I have some fresh broccoli. I thought I could make a broccoli/chicken/rice something-or-other. I'll just cook the stuff and mix it together and see how that goes.

I guess that's what I've got today!

Thanks for all your encouraging comments!! It really means a lot that you're all pulling for me. I'm planning on sticking with this "consciousness" and it helps to know you're on my side.

3 comments:

Susan said...

For dinner you can cut up and cook the chicken breast with a little olive oil and some garlic powder. Steam your broccoli and then throw the two together and dump in some soy or teriyaki sauce and serve it over rice. We've had this a couple times at my house recently and even my kids will eat it.

Betsy said...

I was going to say the same thing...instant stir fry! I like red pepper flakes in mine to make it spicy.

Turkey Burgers are also good, low fat, high protein and EASY! They sell them in packs of 4 so I usually have them every night! Boring I know.

Good job. I'm a little off on my 40-30-30 the last couple of days :)

Lulu said...

I don't know about you, but cooking dinner kicks my ass after a long day at work AND working out. Last night about did me in, but I managed to make some good mexican rice and chicken boobies.

I have a meeting tonight at a local steak house, so I suppose tonight will be salad for me.