I don't know how I missed the backstory on the engagement talk!
We've just been talking about getting married more and more and HE is the one bringing it up so I don't feel like it's just because he's feeling pressured, which he could be from his family but definitely not from me. Anyway, I've been telling him all along that when that time comes I'll have some rings picked out and ready for him to check out because I'm WAY WAY WAY too picky on jewelry to leave something that big up to chance. I think it'll still be special because, really, he's picking the ring without me knowing which one it's gonna be. I love them all so much that I know I'll be happy but he'll have still made the final decision.
I realized that "that time" might be soon when we were talking one day and he said something like, "So do you think you'd want to get married this year or next?" Of course, I was like, "It's too late for this year. But next would probably be good." Let's face it, if I had to put a wedding together in mere months I would be Bridezilla to the MAX. I'm one of those dorky girls who actually LIKES weddings and everything about them, including the planning.
We've talked about it and I know I most defintely KNOW he's the one I want to marry. I can't imagine my life without him. I can picture him being my kids' dad. Which is a little weird to me.
It's strange, but really at this point it's waiting to get engaged just to wait. Which is dumb. It seems fast a little, but anyone and everyone we talk to says they feel like we've been together forever and that's how I feel too. Yes, it's been less than a year since we started actually dating. But I really don't think it matters.
So I guess that's the back story.
2 comments:
Thank you! I feel much more in the loop now! Ha ha ha!!
The amount of time spent dating isn't overly important to everyone. Heck, I know people that dated for 3 months before getting married, and they are still together 30 years later. To each their own!
The only part of my ring that I chose was the diamond shape. I left the rest of it up to Vern, though he would occasionally ask me things like if I liked a think or thick band. He put two rings on layaway, and only chose which one to buy at the last minute. I thought it was really cute, and very special since he put so much thought into it. I'm not much of a jewelry person though.... I like shiny stuff, but I'm not picky.
Isn't it funny how some people love the idea of planning a wedding, and others would rather have their fingernails ripped out? Vern's youngest DREAMS of her wedding someday....something I know I never did! ;)
Yeah, I dont' think the amount of time spent dating is that important once you're finished with school. I could have married my husband right away, but we had school to finish first.
I think it sounds great. I always thought it was weird that one person would "surprise" another with an engagement--I mean, hopefully you're on the same page enough that it's not a real huge surprise. Gosh. Did that make any sense at all? I swear, this cold is affecting my ability to process thoughts.
Post a Comment