Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One. More. Day.

Hope I make it! I'm SO over work.

Tomorrow after I get done with my trainer Luke and I are taking off for Duluth, Minnesota. It's a pretty harbor town in northeastern Minnesota. I love it there. When it's nice. BUT it's going to be raining the ENTIRE WEEKEND. Words cannot express how disappointed I am in this development. We're going to watch his niece play hockey on her special team but there is only one game per day. So, that means, LOTS of downtime with likely nothing to do. Very bummed. Praying for better weather than forecasted, though.

For those who were wondering, there's a pic of the new car on an old post below.

Luke's leaving and I'm trying REALLY hard to gear up to make the most of the time we have before he's gone, but really I'm ticked. It makes me mad. I KNOW it's good money. BUT, what good is making a bunch of money if you save NONE of it? What good is making good money if you have to live in a campground, eat out all the time, go out every night and never get to see your family? It just annoys me to no end but whatever. I keep my mouth shut. It makes me want to cry, too, because when he's gone for that long I just don't even want to talk to him because it just makes it harder. SOOO frustrating.

That's what I've got on my mind today. I'm hoping that bible study helps tonight because I'm on the verge of a meltdown here.

2 comments:

Lulu said...

A rainy weekend away? Humm....I'm not sure I'd be disappointed! Of course, Vern and I are rather known for locking ourselves into our hotel rooms for days at a time! ;)

It sounds like you need to try to find some peace with Luke's job pretty quick. Things like jobs and future kids are pretty important to have hammered out before saying "I do".

Betsy said...

The brew pub at Fitgers seems like an ok place to pass a rainy afternoon!

You need to talk to Luke about how you feel. If you guys are really talking about getting married you should know if he see's this as his job forever or if he's willing/able to give it up for you, a family, etc. Plus - if you don't tell him how you feel he will assume it works for you cause you haven't told him otherwise. You probably can't change it in the short term and will have to suck it up for a while but you need to know how it fits into the long term.

But for now....enjoy your rainy weekend away!