Well, it's Monday and we're back to reality.
I had a wonderful weekend. Perfect in almost every way.
Friday my mom was at my house because she had a mamogram in the morning. I really wanted to take the day off, or at least the afternoon, but that just wasn't in the cards for me. However, in my absense, my mom cleaned my house. She picked up all the stuff that was everywhere and now has left me with a clean slate in which I just need to vacuum, sweep, mop, etc. I love that woman. After I got done with work, we went out for pizza and headed to the Centennial Committee meeting. I'm VERY excited for this event! Things are coming together and looking good. After the meeting a group of us went out for drinks. I was home by about 12:30 and got some sleep before the early Saturday morning.
Luke picked me up at 7:30 on Saturday morning so we could head to Fargo to test drive that car. Emily rode with us and we had a grand old time. Test drove the car, it was great. I LOVED it. However, the interior lights didn't work. I pointed this out to the salesman and he said he'd get it over to service and they'd check it out. That happened, I paid for the car, etc. and then we went and ate and went on a little shopping spree for Lucas. The boy needs clothing help. Severely. So we got him a couple of pairs of jeans that are NOT tight Wranglers and he got himself some beautiful Tony Lama red-topped boots. At this point we STILL hadn't heard anything from the dealership so we went back. They hadn't figured out what the problem was yet. The fuse for the interior lights kept blowing so that indicated there was a short somewhere. They didn't know where. They couldn't find it. So, sadly, I had to leave my new, beautiful, car behind. Bought and paid for but NOT in my possession. They did tell me, however, that they would DELIVER the car when it was ready. That's kind of a big deal since it's like a 2 1/2-3 hour drive from here to Fargo.
Saturday night was fun, too. We played a little Bingo and Lucas won (of course). Then we headed up to Goodridge and enjoyed a live band. I danced my tail off and twisted my ankle doing so. Good times, good times. :)
Yesterday was spent with my mother waiting on me since my ankle hurt. It was a nice, relaxing, Sunday. We cooked together, grilled together and hung out. It's been a LONG time since we've been able to do that.
Today is trainer day so I'm hoping she doesn't have anything that's going to be too tough on that ankle for me. AND, I'm noticing that my arms have a little muscle on them! How strange!!!
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a really fun weekend. Those kinds of weekends make Mondays that much worse!!
Post a Comment