Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hump Day.

No, Lucas is not exactly being held up on a pedestal at this point. After his sister had a "come to Jesus" talk with him the other night, though, I think he's getting the picture that he needs to get his shit together. Hope so anyway.

I have been sucking at my "healthy living" thing over the last week. I have eaten and eaten. I have not exercised. This is why I was shocked at the weight I was when I weighed yesterday. I did NOT weigh today because I didn't want to ruin it!

Today, though, is a new day. I have to clean the office after work so that's a pretty intense workout in itself. Then, at this point in time, I'm planning to hit up the gym at LEAST to do the strength training and tan. I need to get back on the wagon and it's not going to happen unless I just DO IT. So, that's that. Then, hopefully I'll be so tired that I'll go to sleep early and can get up early to do something. I've just been a lump the last few mornings!

I DO think that I'm showing a little progress in my face. My face looks a little thinner. That's about it, though. Nothing else is fitting better so I still have a TON of work to do. Here's a current pic:

I have made the decision to give up sweets for lent. That means my afternoon snack of Luna Bars is OUT. I'm in need of a good snack idea now. I get hungry at about 2:00 in the afternoon. I need something that will curb that hunger then AND keep me full enough to get through a work out after work (which is like 5:00) and then get me through the time it takes to make dinner. Granola bar is my only real idea at this point.

I'll be in Texas starting a week from Saturday so this is the final PUSH before that point. I also think I'm going to do an inches-losing spa treatment at my gym next week. I hope it makes a difference!

Oh, and the GREAT news I just heard???? I will see Luke TOMORROW!!!! Not at 3, 4, 5 a.m. on Friday but actually tomorrow night by probably about 9:00 or so. VERY VERY excited about that!

4 comments:

Betsy said...

snacks...here's some ideas

apple & peanut butter.
string cheese & apple sauce
Almonds & string cheese
1/2 PB&J sandwhich
Veggies & Hummus

Does Lucas travel all summer? It's so hard for men to grasp how we feel but hopefully he gets it and makes an effort!

Susan said...

do you like olives? i eat black olives and they really fill me up or at least stave off the hunger. i don't think granola bars are as healthy as you think they are. definitely check the nutrition facts.

i've also been on a hiatus from the exercising but i have a good excuse. i do not have a good excuse for the subway footlong i ate yesterday for lunch.

Lulu said...

Betsy knows her stuff.... Apples and peanut butter are the shiz. I also have 100 calorie popcorn packs at my desk. They come in super handy when I'm starving and don't want to fill up on junk.

Betsy said...

yes...when it comes to snacks I'm all over it :)