Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday

Well, I'm broke. Note to self: STOP spending money.

I weighed myself this morning - 140.0. I knew it wasn't going to be good but that doesn't make it any easier to see.

Going to lunch with Julie today...I'm going for soup and salad or something along those lines.

Going to dinner with Elizabeth & Brian tonight....I've already decided on fajitas.

Luke will be here this evening sometime, probably around 8 or so. Can't wait to see him. He's been redeeming himself with calls and texts on a very regular basis and his plans of taking me out to supper at a nice place tomorrow night. I'm excited for that.

Tomorrow will be one year since his brother was killed. It has not been an easy week and I'm sure that tomorrow won't be easy, either, but the family has really come together and is supporting a great project making school kits for Lutheran World Relief. Stuff for 500 school kits has been ordered and bags are currently being made. We're also well on our way to paying for all the shipping for said 500 kits. I'm so humbled to be even a small part of this project and this famly. The newspaper has also talked to Allie (Luke's sister) and Renae (Luke's aunt who started this whole thing). That article should be in there tomorrow, so if it is I'll post the link. Can't wait to see it!

I ate macaroni & cheese last night. I was starved and couldn't eat meat. That's my only excuse.

1 comment:

Lulu said...

Hawkeye Chick and I were just complaining about money woes. Happens to the best of us, eh?